środa, 11 grudnia 2013

Batmobile repaint WIP

I still have very little time for the hobby, but I managed to do some painting recently - this time it's a WIP repaint of the Hot Wheels Batmobile that I have shown you some time ago. The car has undergone some minor modifications - I've changed the wheels and added the sculpted lights in place of the decals. The black areas will be painted NMM still just like the engine block and the radiator grill. I will also do some black glazing to tone down the light gray on the fenders a bit.
Let me know what you think!
(click to see the bigger version)

(click to see the bigger version)

(click to see the bigger version)

5 komentarzy:

  1. I'm liking the look of it! Nice work.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. All I can say is that you did an amazing job on those windows. Really, really good. I'm tempted to buy a Batmobile just to try and duplicate this technique.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thanks! It's actually pretty simple - it started as if I was painting gems (see for example here: http://www.necrotales.com/necroTutorials/tut_gemstonesf.php), but then went with thin light gray/white lines instead of round 'hot spot' highlights.

      Usuń
    2. I think this is kind of a "wet/rainy glass" effect, which suits the subject :)

      Usuń
  3. Looking forwards to your final work!

    OdpowiedzUsuń