wtorek, 15 kwietnia 2014

Stormtrooper Test Shot

I've finished the first stormtroopers from the batch I bought a month ago from Rodrick. I'm quite happy with how he turned out - especially as shading white armor has always been a massive pain in the *** for me. Also, the notches on the base of the helmet weren't sculpted on the mini, so I've decided to paint them on.
The base was made by cutting two 20mm diameter circles from 1mm plasticard, cutting away a part of the lower circle and replacing it with the granny grating. I've used a Dremel tool to make a hole for the mini in the upper circle and some putty was used to fill the gaps.

środa, 11 grudnia 2013

Batmobile repaint WIP

I still have very little time for the hobby, but I managed to do some painting recently - this time it's a WIP repaint of the Hot Wheels Batmobile that I have shown you some time ago. The car has undergone some minor modifications - I've changed the wheels and added the sculpted lights in place of the decals. The black areas will be painted NMM still just like the engine block and the radiator grill. I will also do some black glazing to tone down the light gray on the fenders a bit.
Let me know what you think!
(click to see the bigger version)

(click to see the bigger version)

(click to see the bigger version)

wtorek, 10 września 2013

15mm Joker - part 3

Here's the last update before I post the finished version - I still have to add his right foot and do some minor corrections on the legs and the crowbar, but I'm quite happy with the result. He came out a bit taller than my other 15mm minis (closer to Eureka's 18mm), but he will be quite passable when it comes to gaming. Still, I need to use my calliper more often during sculpting.
(click for the bigger version)

poniedziałek, 9 września 2013

Progress on 15mm Joker

Another WIP picture of my 15mm Joker - I'd say that it's probably the last one before I post the finished version. Following Jay's suggestion under the previous post, I added a bit of putty as his nose - I'd say that he looks much better now.
(click for the bigger version)


sobota, 7 września 2013

15mm Joker's head v 2.0

As I've written yesterday, I wanted to make 2 or three versions of the Joker's head before I move on to sculpting the whole character. Today I've finished the second one and I must say I'm much more happy with the result. Not only is his profile less 'flat', but the face is much more correct anatomically this time:
(click to see the bigger version)


piątek, 6 września 2013

15mm Joker WIP

So I had to take a break from the hobby for a while again - partly because of work, partly because of some personal fuckups that happened along the way. Today I have finally managed to do some sculpting again, making an attempt at 15mm Joker's head. I plan to do 2-3 versions of it, select the one I'm most content with and only then move on to sculpting the body.
Click for the bigger version.

piątek, 15 marca 2013

WIP: Gotham Olympus Club

As I've mentioned some time ago, I plan to add Maxie Zeus' Olympus Club to my 15mm Gotham - with the Arkham City version being my main inspiration for the piece:
(click to see the bigger version)
There will be some slight modifications, though - the neon sign reading "Olympus Club" instead of "Gotham City Olympus", a bit different look of the Zeus statue and different number of floors (two main floors and two tower floors).
Here are the first two WIP pictures:
The first floor is taking shape (click for the bigger version)
A closer look at the Zeus statue (click for the bigger version.
The Zeus statue was made with some pieces from an Italeri 1:32 gladiator set:
 (click for the bigger version)

The body comes from the third figure in the top row, the head from the first figure in the bottom row. The beard and hair were sculpted using ProCreate putty and the lightning bolt wireframe was made from a paperclip (I'll cover it with ProCreate later).