wtorek, 5 lutego 2013

WIP: 15mm Riddler and Mr. Freeze

As I've mentioned in the comments section under the last post, there is a couple of Batman characters I'm going to do in the following weeks. Still haven't figured out how to make the Joker, but after going through my lead pile (and the bits box) it seems I'll be able to at least do the following heroes and villains without having to sculpt them from scratch:
  • Two-Face
  • Harley Quinn
  • The Riddler
  • Mr. Freeze
  • Nightwing
  • Catwoman
  • Poison Ivy
  • Solomon Grundy
  • Hugo Strange
  • Harvey Bullock
  • Comissioner Gordon
I've started working on two from the above list - Mr. Freeze and Riddler. Mind you, these are still pretty rough versions.

The Riddler
(click to see the bigger version)
Miniature: Wilderness adventurer from Highlander Studios
Conversion: The stock of the rifle was filed down and the barrel was cut with clippers. The missing part of the left leg and the shoe were then resculpted in ProCreate. The right hand was swapped for a one taken from Rebel Minis Titan Scout. The question mark at the top of the "cane" was sculpted out of ProCreate.
What needs to be done: a simple eye mask will be added with a tiny bit of modelling putty. I'm not sure if I like the big question mark - I may cut it and go for a much smaller version.

Mr. Freeze
(click to see the bigger version)

 Conversion: using a method shown by Mark on Dropship Horizon I did a headswap with the same Titan Scout miniature that I used to get the Riddler's pistol. The barrel of a gun was then clipped and replaced with a lasgun rifle from an old WH40k Catachan Jungle Fighters box.
What needs to be done: I have to sculpt the lower part of the weapon and the collar for Mr. Freeze's helmet. Still not sure if I want to add a clear plastic tubing to imitate the helmet or leave it as it is and assume that the glass covering is there.

Let me know what you think about these two - and I'd be most grateful for any suggestions concerning other Batman characters I could do in 15mm!


9 komentarzy:

  1. Looking good, Dis! Keep 'em coming!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Ambitious converting, dis. Great work, Sir.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. New here - hi everyone :)
    About that Freeze's helmet - drugs blisters (vitamin pills, painkillers ant the like) make great source of nicely shaped clear plastic bits. Used the long time ago for my 25mm convesions, but perhaps you will be able to get hold of something small enough for this little guy.
    Keep up the good work.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Hello, battelier! That's a brilliant idea, I have to try it out.

      Usuń
  4. Awesome idea!!! Good choice!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Wow, that's a lot of work! But you are good at this :)

    For the Joker, could you not just use some suited pistol-carrying figure and embellish the head? One of Rebel Minis' "MIB" type guys might work. Then again, you'd have to order a pack of them first...

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thanks, Allison! I thought about the MIB pack from Rebel Minis too, but the suit itself will not be enough. I want the mini to have the vest and wear either a coat (Dark Knight) or tuxedo (comic books, Arkham Asylum, B:TAS)... yes, I know I'm a bit detail-obsessed about this one :)

      Usuń